AYFL Meeting Minutes
Meeting Started: 7:05pm
Leagues Present: Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Davie, Delray, Lauderdale Lakes, Miramar, Plantation, PPO, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Pines, Weston
· Balance - $7,249.46
o Cooper City - $275 (no TSS)
· Motion by Coconut Creek and seconded by Sunrise to accept the minutes from the previous week. Motion passed 12 to 0.
Park Weight Class Committee:
· Approved the following bylaws
o Section One
§ VIII.1 (Page 7) Added "VIII.1 All team advertising (flyers, website, etc.) should contain the AYFL logo and the following text:"
§ VIII.1 a (Page 7) Added "a) Proud member of the American Youth Football League"
o Section Five
§ II.1 i (Page 32) Changed "i) Any player determined by the AYFL Executive Board not to be currently attending school" to "h) Any player determined by the AYFL Executive Board not to be currently attending school (home schooling is acceptable)"
· Voted down the following bylaws
o Section Two
§ IV.3 a (Page 11) Changed "a) The committee will be chaired by the Vice President, and include the RCC Committee. " to "a) The committee will be chaired by the Vice President, and will not include any RCC Committee members involved in the original investigation."
· Returned the following bylaws to committee
o Section Five
§ I.8 (Page 30) Added "I.8 A player will be considered officially registered by a League Member in the AYFL by having a completed registration form (physical or electronic) and proof of payment (partial or complete)."
§ I.8 (Page 30) Changed "I.8 A player will be considered officially registered by a League Member in the AYFL by having a completed AYFL Player Registration Card, including the player signing the card, and a signed Player Release form if applicable. The AYFL Player Registration Card shall contain the following" to "I.9 All players must have a completed AYFL Player Card, including the player signing the card, and a signed Player Release form if applicable. The AYFL Player Card shall contain the following
· Hollywood PAL Eagles
o Motion by PPO and seconded by Coral Springs to accept the Hollywood PAL Eagles as a member of the AYFL. Motion passed 12 to 0.
· Deerfield Beach Bison
o Motion by PPO and seconded by Plantation to accept the Deerfield Beach Bison as a member of the AYFL. Motion passed 12 to 0.
· Motion by Tamarac and seconded by Plantation to have the MM (now 7U) play on Saturday and play competitive football, along with playoffs and Super Bowl. Weight limit will be 80lbs across the board. Motion passed 8 to 3.
· MM division will become optional. Age limit is 5 and 6 with weight to be determined. This division will play 8 man football.
Cleanup by Coconut Creek (for WPPO)
Meeting ended at 9:55pm